Saturday, July 08, 2006

Ru-Mix Vol.5: Fanaa on the Dancefloor

Ru-Mix Vol. 5: Fanaa on the Dancefloor
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O7G1HRAW

Many of you have asked me for a Bollywood mix but I've been reluctant to send one out because BW music is a whole different animal, there are so many different types of music that its hard to make a mix that both south asians and non will respond to. I also wanted the mix to be different from BW compilation you can buy in a store. I've given it my best shot, these are some of my favs, I hope you like it!


01. Fanaa For You
- loosely translated, Fanaa means "destroyed." This is a nice electronic-mixed qawwalli (one of my favorite genres of music)
02. Kajra Re
- This song took BW by storm last year. One of my all time favorites, also a qawalli. The dancer, of course is the beautiful Aishwarya Rai (Bride & Prejudice).
03. Aaja Soniye
- typical dhol (drums) filled fun song
04. Aashiqui Meri
- Great Remix featuring one of India's hottest singers, Himmesh Reshamiyya
05. Jhalak Dikhlaja (Dhol Mix)
- One of the songs that helped put Mr. Reshamiyya on the map
06. Say Na
- A great British Desi Pop, punjabi flavored ditty
07. Dus Bahaane (Dhol Mix)
- The original was great but it had tacky lyrics, they did a much better job with the remix
08. Mallika (Desi Mix)
- This song is sung by one of my favorite female playback singers, Sonu Kakkar. A lot of people can't stand her voice, it's their loss. I think she sounds hot. Even with the cheesy lyrics
09. Chori Chori
- Another really popular Punjabi-style song
10. Aisa Jadoo
- This song gets me in the mood to dance no matter where I am
11. Pardesia (Dhol Mix)
- An refreshing update of a classic BW song from the 80s
12. Akkad Bakkad
- Another great song by Ms. Kakkar
13. Chug De Punjabi
- British Desi Pop is very much here to stay
14. Mystic Love
- great use of payals (bells) here
15. Chup Chup Ke
- a very very sweet song
16. Babuji Zara Dheere Chalo
- Ms. Kakkar's third entry... this is the song that put her on the map.
17. Bijuria (Remix)
- A newer qawalli that has a vintage sound. Topping the charts as we speak
18. Classic Bollywood Medley
The whole cd is full of remixes, here is a classic medley, mixed together by me :) Watch out for the live version performed by Aarti and I, coming soon to a wedding near you!
19. Fanaa
One of my all time favorite songs. I think I request it everytime I'm out :-D

No comments: